SAS Forum recruitment
RCS are delighted to announce that applications are open for Royal College of Surgeons (RCS) SAS Forum members. The Forum supports staff, associate specialist and specialty (SAS) doctors, ensuring their views are heard at both regional and national levels, and represented within the RCS.
The Forum consists of ten members including two co-chairs; a member of RCS Council and a SAS surgeon elected by the Forum members. The elected co-chair of the Forum sits as an invited member on RCS Council.
The role of the SAS Forum is:
- to provide a formal mechanism for SAS surgeons to be represented within and outside the RCS
- to communicate the views of SAS surgeons to the RCS and its Council
- to promote SAS involvement in all relevant areas of RCS activity
- to support SAS surgeons, generate awareness about issues affecting them and raise the profile the SAS grade.
How to apply
The minimum eligibility for this role includes:
- being a member or fellow of RCS England
- currently working in an SAS role
- demonstrating knowledge and experience of supporting SAS roles.
If successful, you will be required to attend three Forum meetings a year, contribute to projects that further the work of the Forum and attend other relevant meetings/events to speak on behalf of the Forum.
If you meet these requirements and are passionate about working with the RCS in support of SAS surgeons, please download the job description and application package to find out more.
After completion please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight on Sunday 5 January 2020. Successful candidates will be contacted shortly after.
Not a member or fellow? Find out more about joining or transferring your membership, or call our support team on 020 7405 3474 (option 1).
Key dates and contact
Applications close at midnight on Sunday 5 January 2020.
Telephone interviews will take place w/c 13 January.
The Forum meets three times per year. The next Forum meeting will take place on Wednesday 12 February 2020 and successful candidates will be invited to attend.
If you have any queries or would like to discuss the Forum further, please call Jessica Mistry on 020 7869 8336 or alternatively, email us at email@example.com.